The Coupon Information Corporation (CIC) is a not-for-profit association of consumer product manufacturers dedicated to fighting coupon misredemption and fraud.
CIC was founded to encourage integrity in connection with the redemption of manufacturers’ coupons and participation in other promotional programs. We encourage and support federal, state, and local law enforcement efforts to identify, investigate, and prosecute coupon misredemption.
Since its inception in 1985, CIC has:
- Exposed fraud schemes involving more than $750 million
- Identified thousands of individuals and entities misusing coupons
- Addressed new and emerging coupon challenges prior to becoming endemic
- Recovered and returned millions of dollars to victims
- Supported the prosecution of every significant coupon fraud case since 1986 – and never lost a case.
CIC provides education and current information to consumers, best practices to retailers, advocacy for our members (primarily manufacturers), and resources and support to law enforcement.
CIC leads efforts to reform and improve security practices, enhance transparency, and open communications among all industry participants. CIC’s Annual Summit brings leaders from the industry, representing diverse specialties, for proactive discussions on developing issues and trends affecting coupon security.